We are now a COVID vaccination centre so have to suspend the online store for a short while.
Dermatix Silicone Gel for scar reduction.
Dermatix is a Topical Silicone Gel that is transparent, self-drying and maintains the skin’s moisture balance, aiding the management of scarred skin surfaces resulting from surgery, burns and other injuries.
Dermatix has been shown to flatten, soften and smooth scars, relieve the itching and discomfort of scarring as well as reduce the discoloration associated with scars. Dermatix gel is easily applied to all areas of the skin, including the face, joints and flexures, and dries rapidly to form an invisible sheet.
- Softens and flattens raised scars.
- Fades red or dark scars.
- Relieves the itching and discomfort of scars.
- Dermatix must not be used on broken skin.
- Be careful if applying Dermatix around your eyelids to avoid contact with the eye
- The gel should be applied in a very thin layer to the affected area twice daily following the instructions below:
- Clean the area to be treated with mild soap and water, pat dry
- Gently spread a very thin coat over the affected site.
- Allow to air dry for 4-5 minutes before covering with clothing or make up
- (Please be aware that Dermatix may stain clothing if it is not completely dry)
If Dermatix has not dried within 4-5 minutes you have used too much, remove the excess and allow the drying process to continue.
The recommended minimum duration of use is 2 months
Further benefits may result from extended use.
Do not exceed the stated dose
When should Dermatix gel not be used?
- Dermatix should not be applied to open or fresh wound
- Dermatix should not be placed in contact with mucous membranes or applied too close to the eyes
- Dermatix should not be applied over antibiotic skin preparations or other skin treatments and/or products.
- Dermatix should be applied to clean, dry skin only.
Are there any possible unwanted effects of Dermatix gel?
Rarely, the gel may cause redness, pain or irritation to the skin. If you are concerned about these or any other unwanted effects consult your pharmacist or doctor
You must be 16+ to purchase this item. Always read the label and leaflet with product. Please ask for advice if in doubt before purchase.
This is a medicine; Consult your doctor or pharmacist if you have an underlying medical condition, are taking any other medication or complementary therapy, or if symptoms persist.
Seek advice before using if you are breast feeding, pregnant, planning to become pregnant, or suffer from allergies. Keep all medicines out of the reach of children.Additional ID / age checks may be required for medicines.
Warning: do not exceed the stated dose
Keep all medicines out of sight and reach of children
Store below 25°C in a dry place
Polysiloxane, silicon dioxide
This is not a full list- Please contact the manufactures for the full up to date list of all ingrediants