This type of testing service was previously exclusive to labs is now available from Walton pharmacy. These kits include everything the customer would need to both take their own samples and post them back to the labs for testing.
This test is required by the UK Government if you are arriving in the UK from overseas. It is a mandatory requirement for everyone arriving in the UK (unless you are specifically exempt):
- If you are coming back from amber countries: take a Covid-19 PCR test on or before Day 2 (Day 0, 1 or Day 2 the latest ) of your self-isolation period, and then another test on or after Day 8 (day 8, 9 or 10 the latest). Day of arrival is considered day 0.
- If you are coming back from green countires: you can take advantage of doing the Day 2 Testing only (Day 0, 1 or Day 2 the latest). These tests are sold seperately on Pharmaplace- please see SKU: 7HD2PCR
- Buy the kit before they travel back to the UK
- Keep the proof of purchase from the pharmacy
- Enter the kit code on the passenger locator form : Found here
- On returning home, complete the tests as per the kit instructions